Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I make my own chicken rice (not from pre-mix)

I have made chicken rice from scratch a few times and it has been really successful! The trick of cooking the most tender and perfect chicken is to soak it in hot water for 1 hour, without switching on the fire. Put in the raw fresh chicken into boiling hot water and turn off the heat. Let it soak about 1 hour and quickly put it in cold ice water...and you will have a cooked and tender chicken! This trick is taught to me by Mr Hoby's Auntie! I have followed her instruction since then. 


Chicken rice is prepare by frying the chicken fats with lots of garlic, shallot and ginger. Its fatty I know..but its yummy...

This is our chicken rice...with alot more other dishes..



I like to eat chicken rice with boiled bak choy, topped with hot oil garlic and cold oyster sauce!

I realised that ieatishootipost has a very authentic chicken rice recipe. You can try it at home!

Recipe taken from ieatishootipost  

0 comments:

Post a Comment