Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We love sushi and a weekday treat

Mr Hoby and I love sushi. He calls it the cheap food in Brissy because we can buy a huge handroll at $2 and it is really filling. Whenever we craved for sushi, I will make my very own. Sushi rice is the most important ingredient in sushi and I always buy the rice vinegar that is made in Japan (for its authenticity) and this website from SBS has helped me heaps! May it also enable you to make the best sushi! 

My rice vinegar and sushi rice (always cool your rice) 

Our favourite ingredient to make california roll (seafood highligter aka crabsticks. The Aussie just has a nicer name to it) 

I will smash it and mix it with lots of Japanese mayo

And this is our very own sushi roll

Our top favourite- california roll

I am looking forward to meet our friends from Gold Coast tonight for sushi! It is such a weekday treat for Mr Hoby and me because we hardly go out on weekday nights. I am so excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment