Saturday, April 24, 2010

Just Italian


I have been trying to find time to blog about our food adventure at Adelaide and finally managed to get some pictures done. 

We love Adelaide and of most, their food culture. Why do I say its a culture? Because the Adelaide folks really know how to enjoy their food, to the very minute details, the condiments. We went to Adelaide like blind bats (without doing any research) and thankfully GOD sent us the best guide ever. He began our food journey by starting us on the Italian food in Adelaide. We love Italian food, not only because Mr Hoby used to be a pizza boy in an authentic Italian restaurant years ago, but also because we just love the carbo- Pizzas & Pasta! 

I must say that the Italian restaurants in Adelaide beat our favourite Buono and Cacio De Pepe thumbs down (well, at least for the pizzas and the sweets)! Sadly, we didn't get to try their pasta, but the pizzas and the sweets were good enough to kill! 






I spent alot of time just snapping the posters at every Italian cafe and restaurants we went. They were totally vintage and original! The famous Italian cafe in Adelaide is CIBO, its their homebrand. I think I was more in love with their art in coffee-making and unique walls designs than the food, but of course, their coffee made my legs turn jelly because it was JUST TOO GOOD! 

Here are some nice wall designs that they have... 



Food must go with a good glass of wine, our guide brought us to a "higher level" of wine tasting. Being a wine expert himself, he taught us how to choose wine, smell wine, taste wine and enjoy them with food. This trip empowered us to drink real good red wine other than the sweet wine that we ALWAYS stick too! After a day trip to the wineries in Adelaide including the famous Penfolds and Jacob Creeks, I found myself appreciating wine so much more. 




Lastly, the sweets! My favourite course of any meal! I ate so much sweets during the trip that I felt that the ants were coming near me- to be my friends. But it's irresistible! Every counter that I passed in the Italian joints, I felt so drawn to buy something. I am serious. On the 2nd day of my trip, I craved so much for the gelati even though it was so cold. We walked for at least half an hour to find me one really good one! So pampered right? I ordered a Mango and Berry gelati! Double scoop, Yes! Usually, I would order only 1 scoop, but after the free tasting, all the flavours were calling out to me, "BUY ME BUY ME"! I had to answer to their cry right? Haha...But no regrets!





0 comments:

Post a Comment