Monday, April 5, 2010

Kaya-an unsuccessful attempt

I made kaya last night and its super unsuccessful! Followed the instructions given by chubbyhubby at http://www.chubbyhubby.net/blog/?p=317 and realised that maybe I should have just followed my mum's instructions. Sometimes I can be quite willful.
In any case, the mistake that I have made is not taking the weight of the eggs into consideration. It should be 5, 600g eggs and 200ml of coconut and I put it 5, 700g of eggs instead. Hence, the result is custardy kaya. But the taste is YUMz! Mum says that it is caused by too much eggs and she suggested that instead of steaming for 2 hours, I should just do double boiling and continuous stirring for 1 hour. I am lazy to stir kaya for 1 hour. I shall do it again when I have more time! Currently, it is an activity for me to de-stress... Mr Hoby loves it and since he is not complaining, I am happy!
By the way, after looking through at least 10 recipes, I think this website has the best one. Try it-
http://www.lesdeux.info/nyonya-kaya/489

0 comments:

Post a Comment