Saturday, April 24, 2010

My own little Italian creation


Mr Hoby is having exams and I decided to give him moral support by preparing a sumptuous Italian breakfast for him. I found fresh ciabatta bread at Coles supermarket and its definitely my idea kinda brekky. 

The fresh ciabatta required baking (for abt. 8 mins) and I turned the oven mode to grill and place cheese and ham onto it. I grilled it for about 1 min or until the cheese melt and turned brownish. I added my favourite baby cos lettuce to it and done! Our very own ciabatta sandwich for brekky, with nachos and chunky tomato dips (as side). 

Fact file: Do you know that in Italian, ciabatta means “slipper,” leading some people to call the bread “slipper bread.” The name is a reference to the shape, which does sort of resemble a slipper. Ciabatta bread tends to be short, wide, and long, which makes it ideally suited to sandwiches. It is also offered with olive oils and other dips, since the crumb absorbs dips and liquids very well, and it may be toasted when served for this purpose. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment