Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Otak

I missed my mother's home-cooked dinner! Her home-made otak is one of those that we missed alot in Brissy! Though we don't have her spicy home-made chili, our otak turns out to be quite like hers.


I substituted my mother's well-known chilli with the "glory brand" nonya chili that I bought in a jar. After scrapping off the fish meat from 2 pieces of mackerel, I added the chili, one egg, oyster sauce, soya sauce, sugar, pepper, corn flour and most imptly, coconut cream into the fish mixture.

After spreading the paste thinly on a aluminum foil, I marinated it for the whole night before placing the whole otak in a oven to "bake" it for 30 mins at 200C.



Here you go! A family dinner with delicious big piece of otak to go with rice and vegetables! This made us think of home! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment