Monday, April 5, 2010

Home-made berry jam cheesecake (no bake)

This is my favourite easy to make cheesecake- Nigella Lawson's version. It is so good that I even tried licking the mixing bowl after I made it to make sure that there is no wastage.

My version looks super homemade and my trick is organic lemon from my neighbour's house.
The taste of this organic lemon gives the cake such a fresh tang!

I made my own mixed berry jam by cooking 2 handfuls of frozen berries with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a small saucepan. The jam will thicken as you cook in slow fire.
I made this cake for my cell group in Brissy and only Mr Hoby didn't like it because its too cheesy for him. Please follow Nigella's recipe below and you will be loved by many!







Home-made berry jam cheesecake (which I modified from Nigella Lawson's recipe)



INGREDIENTS


125g digestive biscuits
75g melted butter
300g cream cheese
60g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon organic lemon juice
250ml double cream
Homemade berry sauce
Serving Size : Serves 6–8METHOD



1.Smash the cookies in a freezer bag by using a rolling pin make the mixture clump.Then melt the butter and mix it into the crumbs.
2.Press this mixture into a 20cm springform tin; press a little up the sides to form a slight ridge.
3.Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
4.Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
5.Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
6.When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, unmould it and spread the jam over the top.


1 comments:

Kara said...

Very Martha Steward! I like!

Post a Comment