Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Celebration food- Siu York!

I call this my celebration food! I am in a celebration mood today because I just got a 10/10 for one of my assignment! The last I got full marks for my test is in primary school! Praise GOD for that! So, I decided to celebrate this joyous occasion by blogging about Siu York. My dad in law makes this dish whenever there is a special occasion. I must say he does it the best! 


Few ingredients are needed (coarse salt, honey, 5-spice powder and pepper)  and the marinating process is super simple. 


I like the process of making Siu York. However, I must admit that the steps can be quite complicated and strenuous, however, I enjoyed how the Siu York sprout into life! Look at the Siu York in progress! 



Don't be anxious about the burnt parts because it is supposed to be like that in order to create the crispiness! I did not have the burnt parts the last time round and I ended up having soggy skin! 
After scrapping away the burnt parts, what I got is the  golden brown Siu York! Mr Hoby gave me 2  thumbs up! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment