Monday, April 5, 2010

Totally awesome beef stew

Before I met Mr Hoby, I don't eat beef at all. I really don't like the smell on beef, but I was transformed after eating my dad in-law beef stew. Its totally awesome!

Since its a generation passed down food, I shall really record the recipe.

Recipe for Beef Stew:
Approx cooking time 2 hrs
1 large casserole pot
1 kg beef - I always use beef shin
1 radish peeled and cut into chunks
2 tablespoon of bean paste (smash the beans to create the paste)
3 carrots peeled and cut into chunks
1 tomato and cut into quarters
1 diced onion
1 dessert spoon of oil
1 big date (brown colour for soup)
1 .5 bowls of water

Marinate:
4 small pieces of rock sugar
1 tablespoon of soya sauce
1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
1 tablespoon of sugar
Tiny bit of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of cornflour

I always marinate the beef overnight then cook the stew in a simmer for 1.5 hour at least.

Cut beef into chunks removing any fat
Heat oil in pot add onion and stir fry for awhile
Add all the vegetables
Add in the beef and then the water and the small date.
Bring to boil then simmer.
When simmering, add in the rock sugar.


I usually cook this when I am stress and need to eat comfort food with rice. I always cook a big pot so that we can keep them in portions and eat it whenever we want.

0 comments:

Post a Comment